Problem Gambling Help
Problem gambling is common and not to be ashamed of. It is best to address it as soon as you feel like that your gambling is becoming a problem for you. You can use any of the resources below to help you get back on the right path.
Signs of Problem Gambling
- You look at gambling as a way of making money instead of fun and entertainment
- You gamble more than you can afford to lose
- You “chase your losses” and engage in excessive gambling
- You lose track of the time you spend and the amount you invest on gambling
- You stay away from work, university or social situations to gamble
- You engage in gambling to escape boredom or unhappy times
- You experience a sense of loss or despair when you lose money gambling
- You gamble down to your last dollar and put other financial responsibilities aside
- You lie to others to hide your true gambling habits
- Gambling makes you depressed
- Your home life is suffering because of your gambling
If you feel like you are losing control or may have a gambling problem, you can get 24 hour responsible gambling support at Gambling Help Online or by calling the Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858.You may also wish to seek the assistance of a financial counsellor. Financial counsellors provide free and independent advice and support to people experiencing financial difficulty. Call the Financial Counselling Helpline on 1800 007 007 for telephone assistance, and you can also ask for a referral to a specialist gambling financial counsellor for a face-to-face appointment.
Bookmakers Self Exclusion
If you feel that you are losing control of your play and would like help in restricting your access to our betting platforms, all bookmakers offer you the option to self-exclude from betting with them. Self-exclusion can be temporary or permanent. If you would like to self-exclude, you will need to complete and return our Self-Exclusion Form which can be downloaded from each of the bookmakers that you want to exclude yourself from. Alternatively, please contact their customer support for them to speed up the process. You may also wish to self-exclude from any other providers that you have accounts with. The table below contains links to the responsible gambling policies of other wagering operators, information about how to self-exclude from other operators and contact details for other operators.
|1300 523 276|
|1800 990 907|
|1300 123 238|
|1800 882 876|
|1300 00 6337|
|13 78 68|
|1800 200 365|