Unibet Australia is owned by Swedish gambling giants Kindred Group who have been one of Europe’s biggest bookmakers for over 20 years. Unibet is not as popular as some of the other bookmaker but they do offer some horse racing betting products that will be of interest to most racing punters.
Unibet Horse Racing Highlights
Although not one of the more popular bookmakers in Australia, Unibet offers horse racing punters a reasonable service. The horse racing cash boost and racing multi boost are attractive to most punters. Unibet will payout your bet with a dead heat or if there is a protest, which is worth a mention. Below are a few of the Unibet highlights we found while betting with them.
- Racing Cash Boost – Customers of Unibet receive weekly horse racing cash boosts to their winning bets for selected meetings. The amount that your horse racing bet is boosted varies but from our experience, Unibet offered very generous payouts.
- Racing Multi Boost – Unibet also offer customers a horse racing multi boost for every meeting each day. The value offered to customers with the racing multi boost is significant for the time that we were betting with on horse racing with the Unibet app.
- Best Tote or SP – Unibet offer customers best of the 3 totes or starting price for the on-course bookmaker for every Australian horse racing meeting. This is worth a mention because some other bookmakers don’t, and it is of value to racing punters.
- Top Fluctuation – We enjoyed the fact that Unibet offer top fluctuation for every horse racing betting market. This is the best price bet by the course bookmakers at the meeting you are betting at and can provide punters with outstanding value.
- Best Tote Place - Best Tote guarantees a Win Dividend to be equal to highest official Win dividend paid by any of the three major totalizators that are governed by the TAB. This product offers great value to horse racing punters and not many others offer it.
- Racing Previews – The Unibet Blog provides you with weekly horse racing betting previews for each meeting with betting tips. Offering horse racing betting tips is not unique to Unibet, but from the time we tested them out we found the tips and betting insights to be useful.
Unibet app is not our top pick for a few reasons. The main being that there is no android app and that we found speed and functionality to be good, without being a top performer. The sports streaming on the Unibet app is great but they don’t have any horse racing streaming. Below are some of the key features we found while betting with the Unibet App.
- Unibet Android App – There is no Unibet app for android devices to download, which we feel is a major oversight considering how many people have those devices. For those of you that do, Unibet offer a mobile website that functions like the Unibet App.
- Unibet Apple App – The Unibet app is available for download to Apple devices. We found that the Unibet app worked well without it being a standout when compared to the other bookmaker apps. You do get everything that you need to get a bet on but lacks features.
- Multi Bets – Placing a racing multi bet is made easy with the Unibet app. Once you make your selections you can access your bet slip easily place your multi bet. The Unibet horse racing multi boost is accessible from the mobile site and app.
- Live Betting – Customers who bet live on sports can do so with the Unibet app. We found their international sports live betting markets to be impressive. The process of placing a live bet via the Unibet app is a painless experience but not exceptional.
- Live Streaming – There is an abundance of sports live streaming available with the Unibet app but no horse racing. If you, like us, stream horse racing while betting then this is worth keeping in mind. The quality of the sports streaming is good from our tests.
- User Interface – We found the Unibet app to function well. There were times that is seemed slow but we got all our bets on in time. There are other betting apps that, in our opinion, perform better and have a better look and feel.
Horse racing betting with Unibet is not the best in the market but it does provide a few betting features that are worth noting. The Unibet racing odds are generous and they do offer best tote or starting price plus best tote for place bets. Below are some of the best-selling points for Unibet horse racing betting for punters from our experience.
- Racing Odds – We found the Unibet horse racing odds to offer value for most metro meetings. The fact that they offer best tote or starting price and top fluctuation on all Australian horse racing markets will be of interest to most punters. We also like that Unibet best tote for place bets.
- Racing Betting Tips – Unibet do not provide any betting tips when you view the horse racing markets on the website or via the Unibet app. They do however provide betting previews via the Unibet blog for selected horse racing. We found the racing betting tip to be useful but not in-depth analysis.
- Racing Speedmaps – We found the Unibet horse racing Speedmaps to be a useful addition. They are easily accessible on the website and in the Unibet app. The form guide lacks some of the features that other bookmakers offer but is good enough for basic form analysis.
- Fixed Price Exotics – if you enjoy betting exotic bets like trifectas or quinella’s then you will be interested in Unibet fixed price exotics. You can see how much your bet will return if successful, which we found to be a feature worth mentioning.
The Unibet sports betting offer has its pros and cons for us. We liked Unibet Expert Edge sports data analysis tool, but the horse racing form guide is not as feature rich as some of the other bookmakers. Below you will find some of the Unibet sports highlights.
- Sports Odds – If you bet on sports as well you will find the Unibet odds offer good odds for Australian sports such as the NRL and AFL betting markets. They offer the most popular bet types but do not match the top bookmakers with the number of markets per game.
- Sports Betting Tips – Unibet provide customers detailed stats for each game that are relevant to the top bet types for each sport. The Unibet blog gives you weekly betting previews for the footy codes and cricket each week. We found the tips to perform at a reasonable level.
- Unibet Expert Edge – Getting the stats analysis right for your sports bets gives you confidence to bet. The Unibet Expert Edge sports stats section gives you some great tools to make sense of the team and player stats for each sport. We found it to be a useful tool for sports stats.
- Sports Streaming – Customers of Unibet can stream thousands of sports events each month via the Unibet app or website. Most events are international sports including basketball and Tennis. The service is similar to what Bet36 offers their customers.
Unibet provides a impressive range of services for their customers. There are bookmakers that offer more options and features but you wont be disappointed with what they offer.
- Support – We found the Unibet customer support to be good. The phone betting can take some time to answer during busy racing carnivals though. They do offer a solid online resource that answers a lot of common questions and concerns.
- Deposits – When you open an account you can deposit funds in your account via Mastercard or Visa. They also offer PayPal and Poli pay if you prefer those methods.
- Withdrawals – If you win and you need to take money out they offer a bank transfer option. We got our money within 24 hours of making the request.
- Rewards – Unibet do not offer any rewards program for their customers. If you like to get extra value with your bets to redeem for items, then Unibet is most likely not for you.
- Analysis – Unibet provide a comprehensive sports stats analysis product for their customers. They don’t have anything like that for horse racing market